The Top of the Rock features one of the best views of the New York City skyline from both an indoor observation deck, and two outdoor observation decks. You haven’t seen NYC until you see it from the Top of the Rock.
Also known as “30 Rock,” the famous art deco style skyscraper, and home of NBC Studios, offers 360-degree panoramic views of New York City from the 67th, 69th, and 70th floor of 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
This iconic attraction also features a multi-media interactive educational exhibit to enhance the experience. Experience a New York City icon, learn about the history of the building and its historical significance, and learn about New York City’s ever-evolving skyline, right from the source.
Looking for Top of the Rock Observatory Discount Tickets?
We’ve got you covered – Top of the Rock Observatory admission is available with the below money-saving options, so you can choose the attraction pass that’s right for you:
1. Explorer Pass – Choose attractions as you go. Includes admission to up to 10 attractions.
2 . Construa seu próprio passe - Selecione as atrações que você deseja visitar antes de visitar.
See all available passes, attractions & prices – Learn more.
Now you can take your trip to NYC to new heights–850 feet above ground level to be exact.
Tips for Visiting Top of the Rock
- Take your time at the exhibits on the way up to the Top of the Rock, once you pass through, you cannot return.
- Save on combined admission to the Top of the Rock and other popular New York City attractions with a Go New York Explorer Pass.
- Bring a back-up battery for your camera or mobile device–you’ll be taking lots of pictures.
- Head to 30 Rockefeller Plaza in the morning for the most choices for timed tickets.
- Olhe para cima o tempo do por do sol para o dia e obter o seu bilhete cronometrado por cerca de uma hora antes do pôr do sol , Também conhecida como "a hora de ouro" para a fotografia. Além disso, você vai ter vistas diurnas e noturnas da cidade quando os edifícios acender.
- Baixe o Top of the app Rocha um guia skyline que identifica o que os edifícios que você está olhando, tours de áudio que você pode ouvir, e muito mais. Dica do especialista: baixar a turnê de áudio através de WiFi antes de sua viagem para salvar os dados.
- Plan to stay a while. There is no time limit on the observation decks so make the most of it and plan to stay a while.
- Don’t let an inclement weather forecast scare you away – the view is pretty breathtaking in all weather, plus a stormy sky can add to the dramatic views (plus crowds tend to be smaller, too!).
- Visit another popular observation deck so you can compare Top of the Rock vs Empire State Building.
When to Visit the Observation Deck
To avoid the largest crowds, save your Top of the Rock trip for a weekday. Head to 30 Rockefeller Plaza early in the day and get a timed ticket.
As melhores vistas são, indiscutivelmente, à direita antes sunset para obter ambas as vistas durante o dia e crepúsculo.
Worried about the weather? The views are pretty spectacular no matter the weather, but be sure to double check the observation deck hasn’t closed due to inclement weather if it looks iffy.
What to Bring
- A camera is a must! Bring backup batteries if you have them.
- Vestir para o clima como as plataformas de observação estão ao ar livre e ter em mente que é windier no topo: protetor solar, capa de chuva, camisola, óculos de sol, etc.
- Quartel se você quiser usar os binóculos que funcionam com moedas.
- UMA bastão de selfie para fotos memoráveis de si mesmo com o Empire State Building no fundo.
O que fazer em Top of the Rock
Take your time going through the exhibits on the way up to the observations decks to get the background history and learn about this iconic New York City landmark building.
The Grand Atrium Lobby
Be sure to look up when you’re in the lobby for a view of “Joie – Crystal Water Fall”, a 35-foot delicate chandelier made of 600 free hanging strands of perfectly cut Swarovski crystals.
Designed by Michael Hammers, the chandelier is an inverted replica of the shape of 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Esta exposição multi-mídia aumenta visitantes Top da experiência Rocha, fornecendo informações divertida sobre a rica história da construção, seu icônico arquitetura art deco projetado pelo famoso arquiteto Raymond Hood, a construção do edifício, e muito mais. Os visitantes podem assistir a vídeos informativos sobre telas de plasma e observe o modelo original da basswood 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Learn about John D. Rockefeller’s original plans for the building in 1928 and how the crash of the stock market on October 24, 1929, the beginning of the Great Depression, changed his vision and the building’s construction became a symbol of hope for economic recovery.
Browse through photographs and artifacts from the building’s construction and check out the original architect’s model for the building. You’ll see how the building was a feat of engineering and learn about some of the individual workers who contributed to its construction including the iconic photo “Lunchtime” portraying construction workers sitting on a construction beam and eating lunch–you’ll even have a chance to pose for your own “Lunchtime” photograph!
Walk along the interactive beam walk, a motion technology simulated exhibit that allows visitors to see what it was like to walk across one of the building beams during the building’s construction.
A Sky Shuttle Elevador Ride e Light Show
Among the world’s fastest elevators, the Sky Shuttle travels 700 feet in less than a minute. While inside, keep your eyes to the sky for an entertaining light show (a kid favorite!).
A segunda instalação de cristal Swarovski no Top of the Rock é o Wall Radiance, uma grande, colorido parede geode de cristal localizado no 67 observação andar th.
Há três andares de plataformas de observação; a 68 º, 69 th, e 70 º.
o 67 º andar é onde o elevador permite que os visitantes para fora e apresenta exposições, uma loja de souvenirs e vistas principalmente no interior de New York City.
o 69 º andar características ao ar livre, 360 visualizações graus de da cidade de trás da segurança de painéis de vidro.
The 70th floor features open-air, 360-degree views of the city with no glass panels.
Each of the observation decks features stunning views of many notable New York City skyline icons, including:
- The Empire State Building
- One World Trade Center
- The Chrysler Building
- Bank of America Tower
- Central Park
- A ponte de Brooklyn
- Estátua da Liberdade
- Trump Tower
- Times Square
- Flatiron Building
- and lots more
New York City is huge, be sure to visit other top attractions close to Rockefeller Plaza while you’re in the area to make the most of your time. Check out our New York City by Neighborhood Guide for more NYC itinerary tips, and our Getting Around NYC Guide.
Tour of Rockefeller Center – For a full Rockefeller experience, be sure to go on a guided tour of the “hub of Manhattan”, Rockefeller Center, which has earned the status of a National Landmark. Comprised of 19 commercial buildings, the center is spread out over a space of 89,000 square meters. You’ll go through the center’s most recognizable spots, including its gardens and some of its buildings.
Museum of Modern Art – Visit the greatest collection of modern art in the world and experience the New York museum scene. Home to Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night, Claude Monet’s Reflections of Clouds on the Water-Lily Pond, Andy Warhol’s Campbell’s Soup Cans, and many more iconic works of art, visitors will enjoy the museum’s premier permanent collection.
Radio City Music Hall Stage Door Tour – Get a behind-the-scenes look and meet a real-life Rockette on a tour of Radio City Music Hall, the “Showplace of the Nation” and host to some of the world’s most famous events, including the Grammy’s and MTV Music Awards.
Central Park Bike Rental – Biking is one of the best ways to explore all the sights in Central Park. With your full-day bike rental starting in Central Park, you’ll get a detailed map, helmet, chain lock, and basket so you can make the most of your time in the famous sprawling park.
Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus New York: Go on the Classic 1-Day Tour for an overview of all the top sites in New York City. You’ll get to see tons of landmarks and learn about New York’s unique history and culture from your onboard professional tour guide–one of the best ways to get to know the city. (You can also start your Hop-On Hop-Off tour elsewhere in the city and hop off when you get to the Rockeller Center Stop.)
Night Tour by Big Bus New York: If you visited Top of the Rock in the late afternoon, just a short walk from Rockefeller Plaza you can board a double-decker sightseeing bus for an evening tour of New York City and its most iconic buildings and landmarks lit up in the night sky.
Lugares para comer nas proximidades
Se você quiser fazer um lanche para comer durante a sua visita, o Top of the Rock tem algumas opções para escolher, em frente ao edifício, incluindo:
- Auntie Anne’s – For a small snack to hold you over until mealtime, grab a pretzel from Auntie Anne’s, located just outside the Top of the Rock ticketing lobby and souvenir shop.
- SIXTYFIVE – For a cocktail and appetizers before or after your trip to the top, head to SIXTYFIVE Bar and Cocktail Lounge located on the 30th floor of 30 Rockefeller Plaza and featuring views that are almost as good as the top.
- Rock Center Café – For a sit-down meal right in the building, head to Rock Center Café, the buildings namesake dining destination. In the winter, the restaurant features front row views of the famous ice skating rink and outdoor garden seating in the summer months.
- Cucina & Co. – For more casual fare, check out Cucina & Co. for gourmet Mediterranean sandwiches, pasta, salads, and more. Dine-in or take-out.
- Daily: 8:00 am-12:00 am. The first elevator goes up at 8:00 am and the last one goes up at 11:00 pm.
- Holidays: check the site for up-to-date holiday hours.
Directions & Endereço
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
The main entrance is located on 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue.
Public Transportation: Plug your starting address into the correct field for subway, train, walking, biking, or driving directions to 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Save on Admission Tickets with a New York City Explorer Pass
Remember, the New York City Explorer Pass® is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility, which includes Empire State Building tickets, plus admission to your choice of other top attractions.
Economizar até 50 % nos principais museus, passeios e atividades vs. pagando no portão. Visite várias atrações de Nova York por um preço baixo.