Oahu’s rich heritage, cultural attractions, unbeatable surf, and breathtaking beaches are just a few of the reasons that make it Hawaii’s most popular island.
Discover some of the best things to do in Hawaii on the island of Oahu, including Honolulu, Waikiki Beach, Pearl Harbor and Oahu’s North Shore!
Whether you’re traveling with your “ohana” (family), planning a romantic getaway, or meeting up with friends, our travel guides have all the information you need, right here in one place.
What are some popular attractions to visit?
- Alii Luau & Dinner Show at The Polynesian Cultural Center – Witness the Polynesian spirit come to life when you attend this thrilling dinner show, featuring the symbolic tale of Mana and his beloved Lani.
- Jantar com vela ao pôr do sol no catamarã Makani - Prepare-se para uma noite incrível em um cruzeiro com jantar como nenhum outro. Fuja da sala de jantar abafada e aproveite o ar livre em um vela do jantar pôr do sol
- Dolphin Encounter by Sea Life Park – The perfect way for your family to get up close and personal with our beautiful dolphins
- Semi-Private Oahu Surf Lesson – Learn how to surf and experience the Hawaiian waves first-hand with a 2-hour Semi-Private Surf Lesson by Sea & Board Sports Hawaii.
- Oahu Hidden Gems Tour + Snorkeling with Turtles – Go on a full day tour and visit many of Oahu’s major landmarks and hidden spots on the Oahu Hidden Gems Tour.
These are just a few. Want more fun ideas for things to do in Oahu? Head over here for more Oahu attractions to see during your trip.
How long are you visiting?
Whether you’re visiting Oahu for 24-hours or a whole week, we’ve crafted the perfect 3-day itinerary that combines a variety of attractions and activities to jump-start your Oahu itinerary planning.
- 1 day in Oahu – sample itinerary
- 2 days in Oahu – sample itinerary
- 3 Days in Oahu – sample itinerary
- Uma semana no Havaí - exemplo de itinerário
Who are you visiting with?
No matter who you’re traveling with, there are a ton of things to do in Oahu for everyone, particularly families.
We’ve put together a list of top things to do tailored to your kids’ ages, from young ones to teens.
What type of activities interest you?
Whether you’re looking to experience Oahu’s rich history and unique culture, or you’re looking for more of a beach activity vacation, we’ve put together a few ‘best of’ lists to help you plan and streamline your Oahu itinerary.
- Top Museums in Oahu
- 5 of the Best Oahu Snorkeling Beaches
- Visiting Oahu on a budget
- more coming soon!
What parts of Oahu are you visiting?
Explore o Havaí por bairro e região para aproveitar ao máximo o seu tempo, visitando atrações e pontos turísticos próximos uns dos outros. #efficientsightseeing
- Oahu Regions Guide
- Things to Do in Honolulu
- O que fazer em Haleiwa
- Coisas para fazer na costa norte de Oahu
- more coming soon!
When are you visiting?
Though a top destination year-round, Oahu offers a different experience to travelers depending on the season and weather.
Check out our lists of things to do in Oahu throughout the year to make the most of your itinerary and experience unique, calendar-based events.
- O que fazer em Oahu na primavera
- O que fazer em Oahu no verão
- Coisas para fazer em Oahu no outono
- O que fazer em Oahu no inverno
- Things to Do in Oahu when it Rains
What’s the best way to get around?
Public transportation: Oahu’s public transit system, called TheBus, is an easy way to get around to most attractions in Honolulu and Waikiki. Consider getting a 4-day Visitor Pass for unlimited rides for the duration of the pass.
Tip: get the free moovit app for point-to-point trip planning.
Car: renting a car is the most popular option for travelers, especially when exploring Honolulu. Tip: be sure to check hotel parking rates when making reservations, they can add up!
Táxis: os táxis estão disponíveis e fáceis de acampar e os serviços compartilhados, como o Uber e o Lyft, estão amplamente disponíveis e são fáceis de usar.
Looking for more info? Check out our post on getting around Oahu for tourists.
Where should you stay?
There are plenty of great places to stay in the area. Below are a handful of hotel suggestions located near popular tourist attractions and fun things to do.
- Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk
- The Royal Hawaiian, um resort de coleção de luxo
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Where should you shop?
Entre os passeios, tente encontrar algum tempo para pegar algumas lembranças. Aqui estão algumas áreas populares para fazer compras.
- Shopping center Ala Moana
- Aloha Stadium Swap Meet
- Área comercial de Kaka'ako
- Ward Centre
Make sure to check out all of the extra discounts and savings available on the Go Oahu Card.
Where to Eat
Go on a tour of Oahu’s foodie scene with our top picks for family-friendly places to eat in Oahu. We’ve included top picks for every appetite so you can sightsee while you taste your way through Oahu’ culinary destinations. No judgement.
Fun Info from a Local
- The only royal residence in the United States, Iolani Palace, is in Oahu.
- Hawaii is growing in size due to volcano activity.
- There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet: AEHIKLMNOPUW.
- Sobre 1 / 3 da oferta comercial mundial de abacaxi são do Havaí.
- “Aloha” tem vários significados, incluindo: olá, adeus, pêssego, amor, carinho, boas-vindas e muito mais.
- Hawaii’s nickname is the “Aloha State.”
- “Mahalo” means thank you in Hawaiian.
Share your adventure with us!
Tag us when you upload photos from your trip to Instagram: @SmartDestinations or #GoCityCard.